Summit Micro School COVID-19 Response
The 2020-2021 School Year!
Classes began again at SMS on September 8th. Students, new and returning were set up for success with outdoor classes at St. Paul’s Runnymede Anglican Church right around the corner from the school. We have four multiage classes with students from JK to grade 8. Our skilled and creative teachers are working with students to use the environment and everything available to them to engage and challenge all while supporting a sense of community during these challenging times. We will be learning outside until it is no longer possible. Once inside we have ample space to provide students with the opportunity to distance and maintain hand hygiene routines.
Summit Micro School will continue to act on directions from the Ontario government and Toronto Public Health as we move through the coming months. Currently we consistently practice distancing, masking and frequent hand hygiene. Students, staff and visitors to the school are screened daily. An active parent community supports a sense of belonging and collective responsibility.
As a small school, we will remain nimble and responsive to the needs of our students. We offer an engaging in-person school experience maintaining a focus on safety, growth and academic progress. We will provide high quality and continuous instruction to our students if we are again faced with having to move our programs online.
SMS is committed to:
- Maintaining limited enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. Limited spaces are still available.
- Continue learning outside to support the safest possible environment for our staff and students.
- Supporting our students in developing good hand hygiene practices.
- Implementing physical distancing practices throughout the school.
- Increasing cleaning at the school and sanitize high touch surfaces often.
- Working together as a school community to keep each other safe.
Top 10 Reasons Parents Love Summit Micro School:
- Personalized Learning
- Passionate Teachers
- Mixed-Age Classes
- Critical Thinking
- Small Class Sizes
- Digital Literacy and Computational Thinking
- Experiential Learning
- Project-Based Learning
- Close-knit Community
Top 10 Things Summit Micro School is NOT:
- Desks in rows
- Teaching to the test
- Comply and Conform
- Huge classes
- Outdated curriculum
- Factory schooling
- Standardized tests
- An institution