Calling all passionate educators to join our team!
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Full Time JK/SK/Grade 1. for our Reggio Emilia Inspired programs.
Summit Micro School is a small, private school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment committed to excellence in 21st Century education. As a young school with many programs still in development, we require staff to see beyond the classroom and participate cooperatively to build the school and its programs. All SMS staff work together as a part of a cooperative and collaborative team to provide an extraordinary, engaging, rigorous and relevant education to all of our students. Skill-building and goal setting is an integral part of our program. As a staff member you will be required to work with almost all of the students in some capacity, irrespective of your classroom assignment. You will work cooperatively in a team to create and maintain a positive school environment for all children, staff, parents and community partners. Staff must be open and willing to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment.
- Lead a multi-age homeroom classroom of up to 12 students
- Design and implement Project-Based Learning (PBL) theme units
- Prepare differentiated lessons and lesson plans for all classes
- Support students with individualized language and math programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Work in partnership with families to support student success
- Share daily events, activities and school projects through school social media accounts
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education and a minimum of one-year experience of full-time teaching. For our primary programs our teachers must have experience supporting the development of the Reggio environment.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers
- A strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence in their work
- A commitment to personal growth, professional development and life-long learning
- Cover letter
- Two current references (within the field of education)
- Responses to our application questions
Send completed application packages to the attention of Kristin Palin, at firstname.lastname@example.org . We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.