Summit Micro School COVID-19 Response
Preparing for the 2020/2021 school year.
Summit Micro School will continue to act on directions from the government and related agencies as we plan for September. We will update this site as information becomes available to us.
As a small school, we will remain nimble and responsive to the needs of our students. We offer an engaging school experience maintaining a focus on safety, growth and academic progress. We will provide high quality and continuous instruction to our students if we are faced with having to move our programs online.
Moving forward we will:
- Limit our enrollment for September 2020.
- Take the learning outside. We will hold classes out of doors whenever possible and capitalize on what nature has to offer.
- Support our students in developing good hand hygiene practices.
- Implement physical distancing practices throughout the school.
- Increase cleaning at the school and sanitize high touch surfaces often.
- Work together as a school community to keep each other safe.
Top 10 Reasons Parents Love Summit Micro School:
- Personalized Learning
- Passionate Teachers
- Mixed-Age Classes
- Critical Thinking
- Small Class Sizes
- Digital Literacy and Computational Thinking
- Experiential Learning
- Project-Based Learning
- Close-knit Community
Top 10 Things Summit Micro School is NOT:
- Desks in rows
- Teaching to the test
- Comply and Conform
- Huge classes
- Outdated curriculum
- Factory schooling
- Standardized tests
- An institution