Calling all passionate educators to join our team!
Part-Time French Language Teacher at Summit Micro School
We are a small, K-8 independent school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment. At our core we are a community. We support a whole-child, progressive approach to learning framed by the Reggio Emilia approach for our primary students and Project Based Learning for our older students. Connection, grounded in a growth mindset and a strengths-based approach is the foundation of all we do.
The ideal candidate must be open and want to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment with a variety of learning profiles. They must posses and authentic passion and enthusiasm for progressive education and life-long learning. We offer non-traditional, project-based and individualized approaches to French language development. We want our students to appreciate the French language while learning in an engaging environment.
- Bachelor of Education or Equivalent (minimum)
- Fluent in French Language
- 1-2 years teaching experience
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening (or willingness to do this through SMS)
- First Aid Certification
- Passion for language, progressive education, kids and a sense of humour
- Work with the school’s principal to create lesson plans, learning objectives and goals for French language instruction
- Support students with individualized programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Contribute to a collaborative school culture
- Be committed to diversity and inclusion
- Be committed to teaching and modeling environmental stewardship and resourcefulness
12 Hours per week in the afternoons (includes prep time, supporting classes, and staff meeting Wednesdays 4-5pm)
If you are interested, please include your resume AND a cover letter outlining how you think your philosophy and values of teaching aligns with those of SMS. We will not consider applications that do not include this cover letter.
Interested applicants should send their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org