Calling all passionate educators to join our team!
We have positions available for Full Time Elementary Teachers JK/S/1 and in multi-age classes Grades 2-5.
Summit Micro School is a small, K-8 independent school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment. At our core we are a community. We support a whole-child, progressive approach to learning framed by the Reggio Emilia approach for our primary students and Project Based Learning for our older students. Connection, grounded in a growth mindset and a strengths-based approach is the foundation of all we do. All SMS staff work together as a part of a collaborative team to provide an engaging, rigorous and relevant education to all of our students. Skill-building and goal setting is an integral part of our program. At SMS you will be required to work with almost all students in some capacity, irrespective of your classroom assignment. You will work cooperatively in a team to create and maintain a positive school environment for all children, staff, parents and community partners. The ideal candidate must be open and want to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment. They must posses and authentic passion and enthusiasm for progressive education and life-long learning.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our priority. For near future, you may be required to teach in outdoor ‘classrooms’ and a combination of outdoors and indoors once the weather is no longer conducive to learning outside full-time. You will need to follow and support all hygiene, masking, distancing and screening protocols with staff, students and our entire community. If or when necessary, you will be required to pivot into an on-line teaching environment which will be supported through collaboration with all staff. You must be willing to conduct your personal life with the same level of responsibility as your professional life in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Create learning opportunities within the framework of Reggio Emilia or Project Based Learning
- Support students with individualized language and math programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Contribute to a collaborative school culture
- Work in partnership with families to support student success
- Share daily events, activities and school projects through school social media accounts
- Be committed to teaching and modeling environmental stewardship and resourcefulness
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education and a minimum of one-year experience of full-time teaching.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- A commitment to personal growth, professional development, and life-long learning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers and the school’s administration team
- A strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence in their work
- Experience with and/or comprehensive understanding of Reggio Emilia, Project Based Learning and Inquiry Learning approaches and principles.