Calling all passionate educators to join our team!
We have a position available for a Full Time Elementary Teacher in a multi-age class grades 3, 4, and 5.
Summit Micro School is a small, K-8 independent school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment. At our core we are a community that supports a whole-child approach to learning. Connection, grounded in a growth mindset and a strengths-based approach is the foundation of all we do. All SMS staff work together as a part of a collaborative team to provide an engaging, rigorous and relevant education to all of our students. Skill-building and goal setting is an integral part of our program. At SMS you will be required to work with almost all the students in some capacity, irrespective of your classroom assignment. You will work cooperatively in a team to create and maintain a positive school environment for all children, staff, parents and community partners. The ideal candidate must be open and willing to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our priority. You will be required to teach in outdoor ‘classrooms’ and a combination of outdoors and indoors once the weather is no longer conducive to learning outside full-time. You will need to follow and support all hygiene, masking, distancing and screening protocols with staff, students and our entire community. If or when necessary, you will be required to pivot into an on-line teaching environment which will be supported through collaboration with all staff. You must be willing to conduct your personal life with the same level of responsibility as your professional life in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Create learning opportunities within the framework of Project Based Learning
- Support students with individualized language and math programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Work in partnership with families to support student success
- Share daily events, activities and school projects through school social media accounts
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education and a minimum of one-year experience of full-time teaching.
Qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers
- Ability to connect meaningfully with all students
- A strong work ethic and drive to achieve excellence in their work
- A commitment to personal growth, professional development and life-long learning
- Cover letter
- Two current references (within the field of education)
- Responses to our application questions by September 28th, 2020
- Send completed application packages to the attention of Kristin Palin, at email@example.com . We appreciate the interest of all applicants but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.