Calling all passionate educators to join our team!
Part-Time French Language Teacher at Summit Micro School
We are a small, K-8 independent school which offers a unique and rewarding learning environment. At our core we are a community. We support a whole-child, progressive approach to learning framed by the Reggio Emilia approach for our primary students and Project Based Learning for our older students. Connection, grounded in a growth mindset and a strengths-based approach is the foundation of all we do.
The ideal candidate must be open and want to work and thrive in a dynamic, busy and demanding environment. They must posses and authentic passion and enthusiasm for progressive education and life-long learning.
We offer non-traditional, project-based and individualized approaches to French language development. We want our students to appreciate the French language while learning in an engaging environment.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our priority. For near future, you may be required to teach in outdoor ‘classrooms’ and a combination of outdoors and indoors once the weather is no longer conducive to learning outside full-time. You will need to follow and support all hygiene, masking, distancing and screening protocols with staff, students and our entire community. If or when necessary, you will be required to pivot into an on-line teaching environment which will be supported through collaboration with all staff. You must be willing to conduct your personal life with the same level of responsibility as your professional life in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Create learning opportunities within a project-based framework
- Work with the school’s principal to create lesson plans, learning objectives and goals
- Support students with individualized programs
- Participate in ongoing and meaningful assessment and reporting
- Support social-emotional growth of students
- Work cooperatively with all staff to support school improvement, program development, and professional goal setting
- Contribute meaningfully to a positive school culture
- Contribute to a collaborative school culture
- Be committed to diversity and inclusion
- Be committed to teaching and modeling environmental stewardship and resourcefulness
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Education or Equivalent (minimum)
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening (or willingness to do this through SMS)
- First Aid Certification
- Fluent in French Language
- 1-2 years teaching experience
- Passion for language, progressive education, kids and a sense of humour
7 Hours per week in the afternoon (includes staff meeting Wednesdays 4-5pm)
1.5 Hours 3 afternoons per week
1.5 Hours prep
This is an in-person position at outdoor classes until the weather is too cold to be outside.
Staff meeting 1 hr per week Wednesdays 4-5pm
Interest applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org